Friday, June 24, 2016

SCHWERNER, CHANEY, & GOODMAN JUNE 21, 1964 - AUGUST 4, 1964

Each year around this time I dust off my playlist that I call "Schwerner".  It's not a very complicated playlist.  It starts off with Nina doing "Mississippi, Goddamn", the second tune is Ray Charles - "Baby, What'd I Say", and the rest of it is random Ray Charles.  This is my way of making sure I continue to cherish the memory of my college classmate/fellow nightclub table waiter/jazz lover/good guy/friend - Mickey Schwerner

MISSISSIPPI  GODDAM LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL   MARCH 21 1964
SCHWERNER CHANEY GOODMAN MISSING  JUNE 21 1964
BODIES FOUND IN MISSISSIPPI  AUGUST 04 1964
PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM AWARDED POSTHUMOUSLY NOVEMBER 2014
(WE HONORED THEM FOR HOW THEY LIVED.........)

A special note for anybody familiar with the faculty of Berklee in Boston over the last 40 years or so,
Ted Pease sat next to Mickey Schwerner in homeroom at Pelham high school in NY. and was also one of his college classmates.


No comments:

Post a Comment