Saturday, July 23, 2016

THE FOLLOWING INFO IS COURTESY OF "MAMA JAZZ"
Howdy Elaine,

I hope you are well. This message is to inform you and everyone else that my NC Jazz Continuum Project is paying tribute to the life and music of Dr. Billy Taylor. Dr. Taylor is from Greenville, NC and joining me to honor his legacy is Chris Pattishall on piano and Christian Dashiell on bass. Chris, Christian and myself all met at the Kennedy Center in 2007 for the Betty Carter Jazz Ahead residency while Dr. Taylor was still directing it. Because of that, this performance is very important to us. Along with being a reunion of sorts, it's also a homecoming performance for Pattishall! In undergrad, he studied with Marcus Roberts and has gone on to New York where he's playing with top notch acts. This will be Chris' first show in North Carolina in 10 years!!! As usual, we're expecting a sold out show just like our Nina Simone and Max Roach tributes. I'll do my usual presentation on the life of the artist starting at 7pm and the first note of music is at 8pm

People can purchase tickets at this link:
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2562671

Thanks for sharing,

No comments:

Post a Comment