Monday, September 25, 2017

OTHER STUFF? MINGUS, LITTLE ROCK, FAUBUS

What brave young folk from Little Rock Arkansas in 1957!  I had the pleasure of a brief meeting with Ernie Green many years ago.  He was cool.  Along the COOL theme - For a LONG TIME I have enjoyed bass players, and still do - John Cartwright, John Brown, the many cool/excellent bass players I've had the pleasure of listening to and meeting here in the Durham & environs jazz reservoir.  Charles Mingus, is one of my jazz musician favorites.  His playing - WOW!  His living - WOW !  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWswGOpwOo&list=PLgPcdwahdPfDZHWdGOufFTCPBRsCPKnG3  This link will get you to a twenty-nine minute version of Fables Of Faubus, recorded live at my favorite university way back in 1964. We are looking forward to communing with all who can make it to EF2 PARTY #3, October 29, 2017.  If you don't have an "official" invitation yet, send me an email, edfurtick@gmail.com and I'll email one to you.  THIS IS GONNA BE ANOTHER SMOKIN' PARTY/JAM SESSION.

No comments:

Post a Comment