Tuesday, October 3, 2017

OH YEAH! EF2 PARTY#3 OCT. 29, 2017

It's great to get excited about happenings by hearing a few bars of a song.  Today I had the benefit of hearing the song "Blue Monk", from the album "LoveStrong, Vol 1" twice on radio station WNCU.  Thanks to a trio of folks named AL. Thanks to Al Strong for making and recording this album, and particularly the song "Blue Monk".  Thanks to Al Thompson and Al Dawson for playing the cut on their WNCU radio programs.  The intro to this song on this album is so exciting and creates  a wonderful anticipation of a good time happening very shortly.  I start tapping my foot, snapping my fingers, and bobbing my head as soon as I hear the first few bars.   Thank you gentlemen!!  THIS IS THE SAME FEELING OF JOYFUL ANTICIPATION THAT I GET WHEN I THINK ABOUT EF2 PARTY #3!!!   It's happening  Sunday, October 29, 2017, 1-4pm at THE BLUE NOTE GRILL.  If  you haven't received an email invite yet, feel free to send me your email address requesting  the "formal" invite - edfurtick@gmail.com, I'll send one out to you.  For more info on what  the  EF2 Party is all about see my July 4, 2016 post on this blog.  That's the "official" invite from last year.  This year promises to be another knock down, drag out jazz jam session/party.  Da house band is ready to "smoke".  Looking forward to participating with you all in "making joyful sounds".
  Edward Furtick, Jr. & Ellen Friedland  (EF2)

No comments:

Post a Comment