Friday, March 27, 2015

HOORAY THE USUAL SUSPECTS PLUS

I spent some time at BEYU Caffe the past couple of evenings and was able to enjoy Kobie, Russell, and Kenny doing their thing on Wednesday's Jam Session spot.  They were great as usual and the end of the evening was a bonus with Ernest Turner sitting in for a bit. The evening also brought a new to me player to the stage, Noel Sherr on tenor sax.  Noel  sat in on a couple of numbers with the trio and his sound made it feel like he'd been playing with them for a long time.  I hope he stops thru again when I'm there.  Thursday night The Aaron Hill Trio, Aaron on alto, Jason Foureman -upright bass, and Aaron Tucker putting brushes on skins  laid out a bunch of good sounds.  They did a great job of continuing to remind us that  "what you have here is Jazz".  Thank you gentlemen.   I understand that three of my "usual suspects", Kobie, Jason, and Ryan plus Alan (I'm not sure of his last name, sorry about that) on sax,  will be appearing at BEYU tonight.  More good jazz on tap.  If any of you have any tips regarding my Dizzy Gillespie search - see my post dated 3/23/2015 - please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment