Tuesday, March 10, 2015

PLEASE TAKE NOTE

I have been blessed to be able to enjoy music, particularly jazz for more than six decades.  My enjoyment just keeps getting better as I get older.  It's great to go back and listen to my favorites by lots of folks who are not with us any longer (Miles, Horace, Erroll, Art, Paul, Dave, Joe, Thelonius, Milt, Nina, etc.)  It's also great to be able to keep listening to new stuff by folks who have been around for a while,(Keith, Stevie, Wynton, Joey, Ellis, Diana, etc.)  If you know me, you are aware that I really get overjoyed when I am able to experience someone new who blows me away.  The jazz community here in Durham, NC and  The Triangle area  keeps affording me bunches of  outstanding opportunities for these new and wonderful happenings. So the title of this post, "PLEASE TAKE NOTE" is my request to all of you young folk out there who are doing such a great job for me  --  in light of how we keep losing members of your generation -- they're getting killed --- please be aware of how you are going about living your life!  I want to keep being able to say WOW did you hear what this young person just put out here for us to enjoy.  Oh yeah, I want to be able to keep having this reaction for a long time. Stick around folks so that in spite of this fragile environment you can "Keep On Keepin' On."  Thanks  (For the purpose of this post the definition of young is anyone who has not yet attained my age).

No comments:

Post a Comment